Oregon state workers are struggling with the after effects of an employee clicking on a phishing email. The Phishing email hijacked the employee’s computer sending out over eight million spam emails from the Oregon states email servers. The states email domain is now being blacklisted by several providers including; outlook.com, msn.com, hotmail.com and more.
Read more: Oregon Live
We can all learn a lot from other peoples mistakes. The problem is taking your new-found knowledge and applying it to your organization. No one wants to be that guy or the latest news in the world of Phishing or Data Breaches. In this incident, several pre-cautions could have taken place to mitigate the risks of an employee clicking on a phishing email.
Ultimately your company should have a solid Security Framework in place which also includes Security Awareness Training and random Phishing Tests on your employees. Statistics show that a consistent Security Training program decreases the odds of a successful phishing attack.
Remember to always Think before you Click!!!!!
Falcon Network Service’s Security Awareness Training program encompasses a complete training framework to prepare your employees for these types of threats and strengthens your companies Human Factor.
Our Security Awareness Training Program includes:
- Security and Compliance Training videos that are updated every quarter.
- Phishing tests against your employees, which get more difficult as they progress through the training.
- Additional training for employees who click on any of the Phishing test emails.
- Random Vishing tests will be conducted on the employee’s desk phones.
For more information visit: https://mssp.fns1.com/security-services/security-awareness-training
OUR SECURITY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Risk Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Web Application Testing
- Security Awareness Training
- Managed SIEM
- Managed Security Services (MSSP)
- Security Consulting